Here are our top tips for al fresco dining this summer:
- Think fruit, think colour. Shred apple or pear into your coleslaw and try grilled peaches for a fantastic salad crumbled with Yarg
- If melting Yarg into barbecue burgers (and with its low melting point, why wouldn’t you?), thinly slice the cheese before you start and pop on top of meat for last minute or so.
- Mash crumbled Nettled Yarg, baby broad beans (cooked and popped out of their skins), a little yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon – spread onto bruschetta
- Lemons studded with cloves works as a natural insect repellent
- Sturdy fruit and hard cheese are the best picnic choices – Kern, apples, bread. Who needs more?